Nasa’s Crew-10 successfully docked at ISS paving the way for Williams’ and Wilmore’s return, who went on a mission aboard Boeing's Starliner capsule on June 5 last year.

After a technical glitch halted the return mission of NASA astronauts Sunita Williams and Butch Wilmore on March 13, the replacement crew finally docked at the International Space Station (ISS) on March 16 morning.
The launch of the Falcon 9 was stopped just an hour before it was set to lift off from Florida, carrying four astronauts who were supposed to have replaced Williams and Wilmore.

On March 16 the Crew-10 mission, launched aboard SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft, carrying four astronauts Anne McClain and Nichole Ayers, Japan's Takuya Onishi, and Russia's Kirill Peskov.
They arrived at the ISS at approximately 9:40 AM IST, facilitating the departure of the Crew-9 astronauts (Williams and Wilmore).
The spacecraft smoothly docked, and was welcomed aboard by the existing Expedition 72 crew.
As Crew-10 joins the Expedition 72 crew of NASA astronauts Nick Hague, Don Petitt, Sunita Williams, and Butch Wilmore, as well as Roscosmos cosmonauts Aleksandr Gorbunov, Alexey Ovchinin, and Ivan Vagner, the number of crew aboard the space station has now increased to 11.

Crew-9 members Hague, Williams, Wilmore, and Gorbunov will return to Earth following the crew handover period.
Williams and Wilmore, whose final phase of the prolonged mission begins now, found themselves stranded in orbit due to technical failures.
Initially launched aboard Boeing's Starliner capsule on June 5, 2024, the duo’s return was delayed due to helium leaks and thruster malfunctions in their original spacecraft.

IIM Nagpur Opens Admissions for 5th Batch of Digital Strategy & Marketing Analytics Programme

37 Maoists Surrender in Dantewada as Bastar Region Witnesses Major Decline in Naxal Cadre Strength

NEP a ‘Tool to Correct Distorted History’, Says Union Minister Suresh Gopi Amid Ongoing Policy Debate

Assam Passes Six Key Education Bills After Opposition Walkout, Stirring Debate on Legislative Process

Virat Surpasses Tendulkar for Most Centuries in a Single Format, Extends Golden Run in Ranchi

IIM Nagpur Opens Admissions for 5th Batch of Digital Strategy & Marketing Analytics Programme

37 Maoists Surrender in Dantewada as Bastar Region Witnesses Major Decline in Naxal Cadre Strength

NEP a ‘Tool to Correct Distorted History’, Says Union Minister Suresh Gopi Amid Ongoing Policy Debate

Assam Passes Six Key Education Bills After Opposition Walkout, Stirring Debate on Legislative Process

Virat Surpasses Tendulkar for Most Centuries in a Single Format, Extends Golden Run in Ranchi

IIM Nagpur Opens Admissions for 5th Batch of Digital Strategy & Marketing Analytics Programme

37 Maoists Surrender in Dantewada as Bastar Region Witnesses Major Decline in Naxal Cadre Strength

NEP a ‘Tool to Correct Distorted History’, Says Union Minister Suresh Gopi Amid Ongoing Policy Debate

Assam Passes Six Key Education Bills After Opposition Walkout, Stirring Debate on Legislative Process

Virat Surpasses Tendulkar for Most Centuries in a Single Format, Extends Golden Run in Ranchi

IIM Nagpur Opens Admissions for 5th Batch of Digital Strategy & Marketing Analytics Programme

37 Maoists Surrender in Dantewada as Bastar Region Witnesses Major Decline in Naxal Cadre Strength

NEP a ‘Tool to Correct Distorted History’, Says Union Minister Suresh Gopi Amid Ongoing Policy Debate

Assam Passes Six Key Education Bills After Opposition Walkout, Stirring Debate on Legislative Process

Virat Surpasses Tendulkar for Most Centuries in a Single Format, Extends Golden Run in Ranchi
Copyright© educationpost.in 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Designed and Developed by @Pyndertech