ByteDance’s Chinese ownership would be cut under the deal, extending the deadline to December, as Trump seeks to keep TikTok in the US while addressing concerns over foreign influence.

US President Donald Trump has announced an agreement with China that could allow TikTok to continue operating in the United States, part of a deal to avert a previously planned ban. Trump said he plans to speak with Chinese President Xi Jinping to confirm the details of the agreement.
Under the agreement, TikTok’s Chinese owner, ByteDance, would need to divest ownership or reduce its Chinese stake—reportedly to less than 20% The executive order that would force ByteDance to do so has been extended until December 16, 2025.

Trump explained the urgency by mentioning parents and young users who want TikTok to stay. He said he’s received calls from parents worried that if the app is banned, they’ll be “in big trouble with their kids.” He added, “I hate to see value like that thrown out the window.”
The announcement drew reactions from both China and legal experts. China’s People’s Daily welcoming the deal as “cooperation for mutual benefit,” while reaffirming that China will protect the interests of its enterprises.
Expert Yan Liang of Willamette University raised questions about what China is getting in return for reducing ownership.
TikTok has over 170 million users in the US. Fears over its Chinese ownership have long pushed US lawmakers to act, citing concerns about privacy, propaganda, and foreign influence. The legislation requiring ByteDance to divest was passed by Congress with bipartisan support.

CBSE to refund re-evaluation fees if Class 12 marks increase

Haryana Plans Full Road Tax, Registration Fee Waiver for EVs to Push Green Mobility

CBI Arrests Latur Chemistry Tutor in NEET-UG 2026 Paper Leak Case

Air India Flights Disrupted at Mumbai Airport After Ground Staff Protest

Leh to get IIT Jammu satellite campus, classes to begin from 2026 session

CBSE to refund re-evaluation fees if Class 12 marks increase

CBI Arrests Latur Chemistry Tutor in NEET-UG 2026 Paper Leak Case

Supreme Court Questions Umar Khalid Bail Verdict, Reaffirms ‘KA Najeeb’ Precedent in UAPA Cases

CBSE cuts re-evaluation fees, defends digital marking system after Class 12 result concerns

Indian-origin masseur jailed for nearly 14 years in Australia for abusing 61 women

CBSE to refund re-evaluation fees if Class 12 marks increase

Haryana Plans Full Road Tax, Registration Fee Waiver for EVs to Push Green Mobility

CBI Arrests Latur Chemistry Tutor in NEET-UG 2026 Paper Leak Case

Air India Flights Disrupted at Mumbai Airport After Ground Staff Protest

Leh to get IIT Jammu satellite campus, classes to begin from 2026 session

CBSE to refund re-evaluation fees if Class 12 marks increase

CBI Arrests Latur Chemistry Tutor in NEET-UG 2026 Paper Leak Case

Supreme Court Questions Umar Khalid Bail Verdict, Reaffirms ‘KA Najeeb’ Precedent in UAPA Cases

CBSE cuts re-evaluation fees, defends digital marking system after Class 12 result concerns

Indian-origin masseur jailed for nearly 14 years in Australia for abusing 61 women
Copyright© educationpost.in 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Designed and Developed by @Pyndertech